A network of over 700 certified locksmithing businesses
A network of over 700 certified locksmithing businesses
This site is administered by the Master Locksmiths Association of Australasia Ltd (MLAA) on behalf of over 700 locksmithing companies in Australia and New Zealand who are Business Members of the MLAA.
This site allows the public to access our network of qualified professional locksmiths, and to find valuable information on how to secure the things that are important to them.
“Secure the things you love”
To ensure consumers engage the services of a professional locksmith with the skills required to perform the highest quality of work, all MLAA Master Locksmiths must be fully qualified. In addition, they must also be police-checked, or hold a security licence or registration. This provides consumers with the peace of mind and the confidence that the locksmith has the necessary skills, and can be trusted.
Master Locksmiths are bound by the MLAA’s Code of Ethics, and the Business they work for must be a registered company, licensed (in jurisdictions where licencing is required), and fully insured.
What Services do Master Locksmiths provide?
Master Locksmiths provide a wide range of locksmithing and security services across many sectors. These sectors include:
- Locked out or lost your keys? Your Master Locksmith can get you in when you are locked out or you have lost your keys. Your Master Locksmith has the skills and the equipment to get you in without damaging the lock or your door. And because they are a Master Locksmith, you can be confident that they are police checked and/or licenced.
- Just moved house? Your Master Locksmith can change all your locks for you, giving you confidence that no one else has the keys to your property and so protecting your family and possessions. Your Master Locksmith can also change the frequency on your garage remote.
- Not sure what level of security you need? Your Master Locksmith can review your security and provide you with a range of options. If you already have a good level of security, they will not try and sell you something you do not need.
- Your Master Locksmith can also cut you a key that works, sell you a lock and install it for you, repair your locks, install a safe, and provide you with a CCTV and alarm system.
- Master Locksmiths design, manufacture and install restricted keying systems and master keyed systems for commercial and industrial applications.
- Master Locksmiths have an understanding of the National Construction Code (NCC), giving you confidence that the locks supplied and installed by your council are compliant with building code regulations.
- Master Locksmiths are security specialists. Their clients include Schools & Universities, Prisons & other Correctional Facilities, Property Developers, Body Corporates, Retirement Homes, Hospitals, Airports, Parks & Gardens, Hotels, Motels, Hostels and more.
- Master Locksmiths are fully insured, highly trained and experienced, and they have access to the knowledge and skills of a network of over 700 locksmith businesses throughout Australia and New Zealand.
- The technology used in modern cars, trucks and motorcycles is constantly changing, but when it comes to getting new or replacement keys for your vehicle, or you have lost your car keys, your alternative to the Dealer is your Master Locksmith. Master Locksmiths are up to date with the very latest technology, and they have the specialist tools and equipment required to do what the dealer does. And your Master Locksmith can come to you, anytime day or night. Ever tried getting help from the Dealer when you have lost your keys over a weekend!?
- Your Master Locksmith can supply and programme a remote for your vehicle, and in many cases, can offer you the choice between an original remote and an aftermarket one.
- Master Locksmiths are not limited by the brand, or the make and model of your vehicle. Their specialist equipment works on most brands. And they don’t only provide services for cars and motorcycles, they can also provide a key for your truck, tractor, jet ski and more.
- Master Locksmiths are skilled professionals, and they will respect your vehicle just as much as you do. You can be confident that they will find an automotive solution that does not damage your vehicle.
- Getting keys for some vintage and historic vehicles can sometimes be difficult. Your Master Locksmith has access to a very wide range of replacement keys from both manufacturers and aftermarket key suppliers all over the world. And if they don’t have exactly what you need, there is a very good chance they can modify something to make it work.
Master Locksmiths Access Key (MLAK)
The Master Locksmiths Access Key (MLAK) system is a dedicated MLAA initiative that allows people with a disability access to dedicated public facilities, including the new Changing Places facilities throughout Australia, disabled toilets that are locked, and even the Liberty Swing.
MLAA Exclusive Products
The MLAA maintains strong relationships with industry manufacturers, suppliers and service providers, not only in Australia and New Zealand but also throughout the world.
This allows Master Locksmiths to be able to access the very latest in security products and services.
Business Members of the MLAA have access to an exclusive range of restricted keying systems including J Series, BP Series, LS Series, DC-1 Series and NZ Series.
This allows your Master Locksmith to provide you with a restricted keying system, or restricted master key system, that is an excellent protection against unauthorised key duplication.
What does the Master Locksmiths Association of Australasia Ltd (MLAA) do?
The Master Locksmiths Association is a modern, Not-for-Profit Member organisation, and the peak body of the Locksmithing industry in Australia and New Zealand. The role of the MLAA is to support its Business Members, and to ensure its Members are professional and ethical in their dealings with their clients.
The activities of the MLAA include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
Protection the Master Locksmiths Brand and the Trademarked “Trust Badge”
The MLAA is the owner, trustee and promotor of the Master Locksmiths brand and the well-known and trademarked triangular “Trust Badge” you can find throughout this website.
Our Membership criteria ensures our Members are professional locksmiths and that they can be trusted. Any unauthorised use of our Trust Badge and Brand is dealt with promptly, and if required, via legal channels.
Promote the Locksmithing Industry
It is the responsibility of the MLAA to promote the benefits of using a Master Locksmith, and to raise the profile of the locksmithing industry to both the general and professional public.
Support Business Members
The MLAA provides support to its Business Members across a broad range of areas including: industrial relations, human resources, workplace health & safety, professional development, marketing, training, the National Construction Code and industry compliance.
Licencing & Registration
Locksmiths in Australia and New Zealand are required to comply with legislation and regulations relating to security industry licencing and registration. In several States of Australia, locksmiths and security providers are required to be Members of an Approved Security Industry Association in order to satisfy their security licencing obligations.
The MLAA is recognised as an Approved Security Industry Association.
Interested in Becoming a Member?
If you are interested in becoming a Member of the MLAA, please download our Membership Booklet and Application form from our MLAA website.
From Our Blog
Unlock your holiday ‘pit stops’
Accommodation – check! Itinerary - check! If you’re travelling these holidays, don’t forget to add checking ahead for toilet... Read More
There is no such thing as a professional $15 Locksmith!
You might get a lot more than you bargained for!Beware of Locksmith ScammersTo say it straight away, there is no such thing as a... Read More